Hurricane Safety Tips For Your Residents
Summer is upon us and in Florida, it’s also known as the beginning of hurricane season. In Florida, hurricane season typically runs from June 1 through November 30. Storms during hurricane season can mean high winds, storm surges and flooding if one is headed in your direction. If a hurricane hits your area hard, you can lose power and water for a few days.
As a Tampa condominium association management company, we’ve put together a few hurricane safety tips to help keep your residents safe this season.
1. Know where all the exit stairwells are. When evacuating, try to avoid elevators in case of a power outage.
2. Bring in all outdoor items. Bring in any patio chairs, tables, plants, or anything else that may be blown around by strong winds.
3. Know your evacuation plan. Talk with your Tampa condominium management team before hurricane season starts about evacuation zones and hurricane planning. If your community does not have a set plan, we recommend putting one in place.
4. Be prepared for an evacuation. Let residents know to keep valuables with them, or to keep them in a safe place. They should also keep their pets with them. If there is damage done to their condo, it might take awhile to get back in.
5. Recommend that residents stock up on water, non-perishable foods, flashlights and batteries.
6. Keep an emergency kit in the clubhouse, and recommend that residents keep on in their home.
7. Supply sandbags for residents on the first floor to prevent flooding.
8. Know the difference between a hurricane watch and a hurricane warning. A hurricane “watch” means you should be on guard. Monitor the weather to see if a storm has gotten worse and changed patterns. A hurricane “warning” means that the storm is either happening right now, or will happen at any moment.
9. Follow the news and the National Weather Service for more information about the storm.
10. Take pictures of the community before the storm approaches, and again afterwards to document any damages.
Our founder, William C. Spivey, is a man who believes in the power of people...LEARN MORE
We are a family-owned and operated company built in the Tampa Bay Area by a working-class Tampa family.LEARN MORE
In today’s day and age, technological advancements are occurring at a rapid rate. These developments...LEARN MORE
At WPM, we understand the sensitivity and importance of a management transition. We will proactively work in...LEARN MORE
SEE WHAT OUR CLIENTS ARE SAYING
Couldn’t have asked for better service. It’s NEVER this easy dealing with property management companies. Great Job! Thanks so much!
Cody Glass from the accounting department was very helpful and professional with a lot of courtesy to help me to understand and set up a new payment process.
I work with Wise on a regular basis, as the nature of our business requires quick turn around times. They are kind and helpful when you need something.
I have always received great service from Wise. Any time I need help someone always answers the phone and directs me to the right department.
My name is George Florence, I am the Board President of Villas of Northdale, and I have been a Board member for 5 years now. We have had perfect help from Wise Property Management.
Wise Property Management is the quintessential image of a professional, organized, comprehensive, deligent and knowledgeable Property Management company.
Kristy D., South Pointe HOA Vice President.
I have been working with Jeanie Hunter of Wise Property for several years now. She has handled all our Tampa Villas South association issues promptly and with great efficiency.
Ken C., Tampa Villas South HOA Vice President.
Very easy to work with and everyone is friendly. We have worked with them for a very long time and love the experience. They take pride in their work and truly enjoy what they do.